XGIMI Elfin Vs. XGIMI MoGo Pro+, Which Suits Your Needs Best?
By XGIMI Tech - 2022-02
Two different projectors made by the same manufacturer may be priced similarly, yet they are expected to differ from one another, especially along the lines of specifications and technology. XGIMI projectors Elfin and MoGo Pro+ are excellent products, yet differ in more than one aspect.
The differences between both products are largely due to the purposes they serve. XGIMI Elfin is a home projector, mostly suited for home theater and indoor use. MoGo Pro+, on the other hand, is a portable projector— the type you can take on a camping trip, or use in places where power sources are largely unavailable.
You should not expect a home projector to be perfect in settings that a portable projector would fit seamlessly into, especially as you need to connect to a power source to use them. Portable projectors have a built-in battery, which makes them ready to use in any setting.
Such is the case between XGIMI Elfin and XGIMI MoGo Pro+. Both projectors share some distinctions in specific categories as are discussed thus:
Firstly, Elfin and MoGo Pro+ are worlds apart, in terms of what they look like. XGIMI is a brand known for its excellent designing prowess, and they fashioned these two projectors fittingly.
- Elfin weighs a meager 0.9kg (1.98 pounds), and is practically smaller than a book, with a thin and compact build. Dimensionally, Elfin measures 192.1 × 194.19 × 48.31 millimeters (mm).
- MoGo Pro+ also weighs 0.9kg (1.98 pounds) and is shaped like a rectangle. The projector's bodily dimensions are as follows: 146 × 105.5 × 94.5mm.
- Elfin is available in white, while MoGo Pro+ has a dark gray metal body color.
Another aspect in which Elfin and MoGo Pro+ are not alike is in the technology that aids their setup. Technological innovations have made it possible for you to switch on a projector and wait for the display to align to the screen, saving yourself the effort of doing it manually. Here's how Elfin and MoGo Pro+ compare to one another in the aspect of setup:
- Elfin is fitted with the XGIMI Intelligent Screen Adaptation technology, which features auto screen alignment, auto keystone correction, autofocus, and intelligent obstacle avoidance for a hassle-free setup.
- ISA technology is not an available feature on MoGo Pro+, but the projector comes with 4-point auto keystone correction (±45° vertical and horizontal), and autofocus to ensure the projected image is as sharp as possible.
XGIMI Elfin is a home projector, and as such, does not feature a built-in battery. You can only use it by connecting to a power source. On the other hand, MoGo Pro+, as a portable outdoor projector, has a 44.6Wh built-in battery that can last between 2–4 hours depending on usage.
The technological distinctions between XGIMI Elfin and MoGo Pro+ extend to their individual image qualities. Image quality is also dependent on several key capabilities like brightness, resolution, etc. Here's how Elfin compares to MoGo Pro+ in this category:
- Brightness: Elfin comes with 800 ANSI lumens while MoGo Pro+ sports a brightness of 300 ANSI lumens. The superior brightness available on XGIMI Elfin ensures a bright display even in the presence of ambient light.
- Resolution: XGIMI MoGo Pro+ and Elfin both come with a 1080p resolution for crystal clear pictures.
- X-VUE 2.0 Image Engine: With this feature, XGIMI projectors produce clearer and smoother displays, with pure and highly realistic colors, giving the user an immersive viewing experience. The X-VUE image engine increases the clarity and maintains the fidelity of moving pictures. This feature is available on the XGIMI Elfin, but not MoGo Pro+.
- MEMC: The 60Hz motion compensation technology (MEMC) is another brilliant innovation from XGIMI. While MEMC is available on XGIMI Elfin, the MoGo Pro+ does not come with the feature. Motion compensation technology helps to prevent image flutter and tailing when viewing dynamic images and ensures a sharp and clear output even in the heat of the action for sports and movie contents. MEMC also delivers an exuberant, smooth, and unparalleled viewing experience.
- Contrast Ratio: Elfin is fitted with HDR10 technology which gives an excellent contrast ratio whether in bright or dark conditions, with well-detailed images. Elfin is also compatible with the Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) broadcast standard, which means that Elfin can display full HDR images across broadcasters. XGIMI MoGo Pro+ does not come with HDR technology or HLG compatibility.
Sound quality is an important factor that contributes to the viewing experience of the typical projector user. Here's how Elfin and MoGo Pro+ compare to one another in the aspect of sound quality:
- Elfin is fitted with two 3W Harman Kardon speakers, with audio by Dolby Digital, and combined with DTS Studio Sound Technology.
- MoGo Pro+ also comes with two 3W Harman Kardon speakers, with professional tuning from Gold Ear Lab.
The XGIMI Elfin and MoGo Pro+ projectors are smart devices, with apps and features that make it possible for you to stay connected to the internet and stream your favorite content directly from the projector. Here's how both projectors compare in terms of system configurations:
- Android TV™: Both Elfin and MoGo Pro+ come with the Android TV system, which helps you stay connected and in full control of your entertainment. You can easily set content restrictions for children, stream your favorite shows, and pre-download movies for later viewing.
- Google Play: XGIMI MoGo Pro+ and Elfin projectors come with Google Play. Combined with the Android TV system, Google Play gives you access to over 5,000 native apps like HBO, Showtime, and YouTube, where you can stream your favorite content.
- OK Google: The Google voice assistant is available on MoGo Pro+ and Elfin. You can access the voice assistant by pressing the Google Assistant button on the remote.
- Chromecast Built-in: Both projectors support Chromecast integration which lets you cast your favorite content, apps, or games from your smartphone or tablet directly to your projector.
- Game Mode: This feature is only available on XGIMI Elfin. The Game Mode Boost combines excellent resolution and sound with a 26.5ms low latency and high refresh rates to make sure the viewer is fully engaged in any graphics-intensive game. You can also enjoy games with MoGo Pro+, but the Game Mode Boost is not available.
How To Choose Between XGIMI Elfin and MoGo Pro+
Different strokes for different folks, as they say. While some would buy a home projector like Elfin, others would choose to settle for a mini projector like MoGo Pro+. If you're looking to buy a projector, it is recommended that you focus on the features suited to your needs and choose the most suitable option.
If you plan to use your projector on a camping trip into the woods, for instance, the XGIMI MoGo Pro+ is better suited to your needs at the moment. MoGo Pro+ sports a built-in battery that lets you watch your favorite content anytime, anywhere. There are other key factors and features that could be a basis for comparison between both projectors:
- Budget: The XGIMI Elfin costs $649 while the XGIMI MoGo Pro+ costs $569. Both projectors are within the $500-$700 bracket and priced fairly compared to the quality they deliver.
- Setup: Elfin boasts easier and quicker setup due to its ISA technology, while MoGo Pro+ sports 4–point keystone correction and autofocus.
- Brightness: Elfin is the brighter of the two with 800 ANSI lumens, while MoGo Pro+ comes with 300 ANSI lumens. In indoor settings with higher exposure to ambient light, Elfin will produce a brighter display.
- Portability & Setting: MoGo Pro+ is the more portable of the two projectors, but Elfin has a thin and lightweight body and is quite portable as well. Elfin is a home projector without built-in batteries, hence, it can only be used in indoor settings, or outdoors with an available external power supply. MoGo Pro+ is a mini projector designed with portability in mind. With its built-in battery that can last between 2–4 hours, you can use the MoGo Pro+ with or without a power source.
When choosing between Elfin and MoGo Pro+, the projector that suits your unique situation/purpose should be your go-to option. A backyard movie night with friends, or a camping movie night are ideal settings for MoGo Pro+, while a presentation in the office or school would be ideal for Elfin.
The XGIMI Elfin and XGIMI MoGo Pro+ are two projectors with obvious distinctions in their appearance, technology, and ideal usage settings. If you love camping or you're planning an outdoor movie night with friends and family, the XGIMI MoGo Pro+ is the projector for the occasion. For home theater use, business presentations, in church or in school, Elfin might be the projector you need.
When faced with a choice of either XGIMI Elfin or XGIMI MoGo Pro+, we recommend that you choose the projector whose features best suit your unique needs. MoGo Pro+ is the ideal outdoor projector among the two, and Elfin is better suited to indoor usage.
Perhaps you can look at other machines and compare them to choose a more suitable machine for you here.
Profitez d’une réduction de 30 € sur votre prochain achat.
Rejoignez la communauté XGIMI dès aujourd’hui !